[mythtv-users] export/import of selected MythTV data

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Wed Aug 5 16:29:37 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, August 05, 2015 04:47:10 PM Stephen Worthington wrote:

> >Now I don't know if it's worked because after picking Upgrade a couple
> >times, and a delay, I'm given to a screen that's probably the new
> >MythFrontend but it's heavily corrupted. I can make out a MythTV logo
> >and "Main Menu" at the top, repeated, along with the graphics and text
> >below it repeated. I can press [Esc] and barely make out the "Do you
> >want to go back?" prompt. Eventually I can get out, answer a couple
> >prompts for starting the backend and doing a mythfilldatabase.
> >
> >Does this mean it worked?
>
> Are you using mythtv-setup to do the upgrade?  Do you have MythMusic
> or other frontend only plugins installed?
>
> Using mythtv-setup to do database upgrades is the recommended way, as
> it normally gives a little more control over the process.  An
>
> If you have MythMusic installed, or other frontend only plugins, then
> you need to also run mythfrontend after mythtv-setup to get their
> databases upgraded.  If you run mythfrontend first to do the upgrade
> with MythMusic installed, then I found you can get a deadlock
> situation - but I am not sure what MythTV version that happened on.

I only used mythtv-setup. I did and will use MythMusic and MythGallery
though they all pointed to a Samba share so they have no content data. I
had all the other plugins installed too, though unused.

I was able to run mythconverg_backup.pl on the converted database without
complaint.

Do I still need to run mythfrontend once to upgrade plugin DB items?

What if I don't care about old data from these plugins? Can I skip that
step and just go forward with empty tables for plugins? Or will I get bad
tables?

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca