[mythtv-users] matching directory structure during migration

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Wed Aug 5 02:18:24 UTC 2015

>From https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backend_migration "Building a new backend
to replace an existing machine":

    Copy all media (recordings, videos, music, etc) from the old machine to
    the same directory structure on the new machine.

I am tweaking my new setup a little, to take advantage of some experience
and new hardware, and I'm wondering how critical this is. Can I use
symlinks to make my new layout look like my old layout? Until I can get
Myth to use my new layout? I don't have any content other than recordings.
Would the DB have to be changed to use my new layout?

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca