[mythtv-users] export/import of selected MythTV data

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 23:41:24 UTC 2015

On 4 Aug 2015 11:33 pm, "R. G. Newbury" <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:

> On 08/02/2015 02:34 PM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
>>
>> I am preparing to upgrade my MythTV 0.21 FE/BE to new hardware and
>> software, put off by the need to overcome the 0.24-ish upgrading cutoff
>> for older versions.
>
> 've seen already that the new install won't know
>>
>> about, for example.

>> I'm comfortably-proficient in writing a script to do it, and I can use
the
>> new box to test against. But with the greater knowledge of such things
out
>> there, is it feasible? I looked at my 0.21 schema with phpMyAdmin and see
>> my "oldrecorded" table has a few *id fields that might need to be mapped
>> into new ids: chanid, seriesid, programid, findid, and recordid. A lot of
>> those can be culled because I don't have the recording rules (or
channels)
>> that created them. And I can dry-run it all on the new box before making
it
>> official.
>>
>> How feasible is this?
>

> To start you may want to back up *just* the recorded program table. With
adjustments you can very likely re-insert it into the new setup.

> Get into mysql (mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg) and enter:
>
> select * from recorded into outfile '/tmp/recorded-text.txt';
>
> Once you have that, you can fold, spindle or mutilate the database with
abandon, because the only part you really need to retain, is backed up.

Unless I'm missing something, I'm sure Jerome wants his oldrecorded
(history) and record (rules) tables backed up?

The recorded table is for current recordings, which he's already said are
not important.

Cheers,
Nick