[mythtv-users] Myth backend lockup

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 22:32:54 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 10:17 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
> I have had lockups occurring with master since about January. Symptom is a
> complete lockup.

Which is different than the OP, which indicated that the system
appeared otherwise reachable.

A new piece of information was that it was not possible to connect
to the database.

That is, um, suspicious.  I am not sure what happens to the BE
when database requests hang, but I would not be surprised that
bad things happen (MythTV presumes an otherwise operating
system.  Disk problems, database problems, network problems,
may all manifest as "The BE is broken", but the root cause is
elsewhere.)

I would focus on looking at the database server, starting with
the logs.

And, perhaps, run the optimize script to insure that there are
no broken tables.