[mythtv-users] Cutlist editor and bookmarks in master

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 17:29:31 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 10:18 AM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:

> On 03/08/15 15:07, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 10:16 AM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net
>> <mailto:J.Pilk at tesco.net>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 02/08/15 17:48, Roger Siddons wrote:
>>
>>         On Sun, 02 Aug 2015 14:13:03 +0100, John Pilkington
>>         <J.Pilk at tesco.net <mailto:J.Pilk at tesco.net>>
>>
>>         wrote:
>>
>>           > Recordings that have been cut start frontend playback about
>>         2 minutes
>>           > in. I can jump back to the beginning but I haven't found a
>>         way of
>>           > clearing the delay; it doesn't seem to be a bookmark.
>>         Playback via
>>           > UPnP starts at the beginning.
>>           >
>>           > Anyone else seeing this - or have any ideas?
>>           >

>>         Could it be a MARK_UTIL_PROGSTART (40) or MARK_UTIL_LASTPLAYPOS
>> (41)
>>         from https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11713 ?
>>

>>     Yes, I think so.  It had occurred to me that 2 minutes is my
>>     specified pre-roll, and my cutting script clears the cutlist, so
>>     comment 11 applies.  I'll dig a bit deeper.  Thanks.  Do programmes
>>     somewhere *really* start at the advertised time?
>>

>> Nice catch.  The PROGSTART mark is explicitly ignored when a cutlist is
>> in place, but I didn't consider that as such, the mark should be cleared
>> after transcoding.  (I assume transcoding always applies the cutlist if
>> present.)
>>
>>     And, back to the original question - I do feel lost without the
>>     cutlist editor cursor.
>>

>> See this commit, which only addressed subtitles but may be relevant here:
>>
>> https://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/commit/?id=eda5d2e2460d739ba9410c74f949b177865763f2
>> Something changed in Qt5 such that a MythUI <shape> without a <line>
>> element now ends up with an invisible 1-pixel border.  If the editor
>> cursor is defined as 1 or 2 pixels wide, this is probably why it
>> disappeared.  The workaround/fix is to add a <line> element with
>> width="0" whose color and alpha are the same as the shape's fill
>> color/alpha.  For example:
>>
>>              <shape name="position">
>>                  <area>0,0,4,100%</area>
>>                  <fill color="#FFFFFF" alpha="255" />
>>              </shape>
>>
>> becomes this:
>>
>>              <shape name="position">
>>                  <area>0,0,4,100%</area>
>>                  <fill color="#FFFFFF" alpha="255" />
>>                  <line color="#FFFFFF" alpha="255" width="0" />
>>              </shape>
>>
>> For the cutlist editor, this would be applied in the theme's osd.xml in
>> the editbar section, specifically the position, cuttoright, cuttoleft,
>> keeptoright, and keeptoleft elements.
>>
>> Jim
>>

> Thank you, Jim. I made a backup copy of the original file and replaced it
> with an edited version. After restarting mythfrontend.real I see a cursor
> again while editing all types of recording.  Not sure if I really needed
> the restart.

> [...]

Thanks for checking.  I saw the same result on the older version of Blue
Abstract that I use.  BTW, the osd.xml file is reread every time playback
is started, so it's safe to test without restarting the whole frontend
process.

This kind of fix/workaround is pretty annoying.  I'll have to think harder
about whether it's practical to fix in MythUI.

Jim