[mythtv-users] './mythconverg/recordedseek' is marked as crashed

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Aug 2 12:51:10 UTC 2015

On 29/07/15 14:33, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi John,
>
> Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 10:00:39 AM, you wrote:

>>> Where recordedseek is needed is when jumping around in a recording. If
>>> you are just playing it (and not needing to skip past ads), you should
>>> not have any problems.  And it also depends on the type of recording.
>>> If it does not have variable bit rate encoding, then jumping around
>>> should work reasonably without recordedseek data.
>>>
>>> If you use mythcommflag --rebuild rather than do the commercial skip
>>> processing, the rebuilding time is not very long for each program,
>>> probably only a minute or two, so it might be worthwhile doing that.
>>> Doing full commercial skip processing on a full set of recordings
>>> might take weeks.
>
>> I haven't checked on its status in current code, but you might find this
>> useful:
>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/548595#548595

>> John P
>
> It seems this patch never made it. This command returns just the help
> screen. Where I can't find the options.

Just saw this in mythutil --help, while checking for something else.  It
says it's in master.

$mythutil --help
mythutil version: master [v0.28-pre-2986-g004b87d] www.mythtv.org

Recording Utils Options:
--checkrecordings                Check all recording exist and have a
seektable etc.
   --fixseektable                   (optional) fix the seektable if
missing for a recording

John