[mythtv-users] Trouble building lirc from source to support IguanaWorks iguanaIR USB IR xcvr

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 20:34:23 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com> wrote:

> Slightly OT, but still: that Ubuntu still is  packaging lirc 0.9,0 makes
> this more complicated than necessary. Current lirc 0.9.2 has a plugin
> architecture for user-space drivers like IguanaIR - if the driver is
> missing one just needs to compile a new plugin. To compile a new plugin is
> certainly (much) less complex than to build the complete lirc.
>
> Cheers!
>
> --alec
>
> Alec,

Can you tell me more?  I'm following the instructions provided by the
IguanaWorks support website for their iguanaIR USB four-way transmitter
which I have controlling four separate DTAs.  My understanding was that the
kernel mode lirc was fine for receiving control signals from an IR remote,
but to control the DTAs I'd have to stick with user-space lirc and since it
didn't have iguanaIR support built in I'd have to compile it in.  How would
I move to lirc 0.9.2 and what further work would I need to do to implement
iguanaIR support with 0.9.2?

--
Craig.