[mythtv-users] New Comcast DTA, grrrrrrrr.

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 20:29:41 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> While I'm blindly trying to find what type it is by trying the various
> likely prospects, or resorting to brute testing each and every one, and/or
> searching on the LIRC website, maybe someone can save me time by telling me
> what is appropriate for this DTA:

Why are you using a DTA? Something like an HDHomeRun Prime that
directly captures the MPEG2 stream is going to be much higher quality
(and more reliable) than going through an analog capture card.

How are you using the DTA? I assumed an analog capture card, but
that's just a guess. Is there firewire on it or something? Can you
change channels over firewire?

Tom