[mythtv-users] duplicate dvb tuner shows up

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Thu Apr 30 15:25:46 UTC 2015

On Thu, 30 Apr 2015, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Remember it's actually tuning only one channel in a given multiplex, but is
> able to record multiple (with your configuration of 2 virtual tuners, 2)
> subchannels from that mux.  So you can't record from two channels broadcast
> on different frequencies at the same time with the one physical tuner.

I'm not really conversant in the technical lingo/conceptions involved
here. But in layman's-speak, it sounds like you're addressing those
scenarios where, with digital TV, you have a channel with sub-channels.
As an example, I have a 10_1, 10_2, 10_3, and 10_4. So all those together
are called a "multiplex?" And what you're saying is that I can tune/record
two separate "stations" (again, layman's-speak) using this tuner, so long
as they are channels/sub-channels of the same station? That's what I'm
getting out of your remarks.