[mythtv-users] duplicate dvb tuner shows up

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Thu Apr 30 13:54:49 UTC 2015

On Thu, 30 Apr 2015, David Whyte wrote:

> Could it be that you have configured that tuner so that it can be used for
> two separate recordings? I think that is the default in the settings for
> DVB-T.

Yeah, I guess this is what I was asking--sorry I did not make it clearer.
I noted that option at some point when checking something about this card
in mythtv-setup and that the option was enabled: being uncertain whether,
in my case the broadcast source allows a single tuner to tune two separate
channels simultaneously, I just left it as-is. So I was asking whether,
because this default option was left in place, that is the explanation for
why this tuner shows up twice in Myth frontend? I guess I could go back
into mythtv-setup and uncheck that option to see whether the duplicate
tuner would disappear. I may try that later but will probably wait to see
whether others weigh in on this query.