[mythtv-users] MythTV Player 1.1.9 available to all in the Google Play Store

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Apr 30 02:24:15 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Daniel Frey <dmfrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> This version completely revamps the Watch Videos section of the app. There
> are now tabs for Movies and TV Series.  TV Series also allows you to switch
> between seasons.  The earliest season will be the default view.

With my videos collection it's still not really usable.  It took a
very long time to load, putting up a message saying that the backend
connection had failed, although it did eventually load when I gave it
enough time, but it's still a non-hierarchical view of way-too-many
videos with no real clue what they are.  For example, I'll see a white
box with "00019" and "NR" in it and clicking on it shows:

00019  NR

None

      Play

and playing it plays the background video for a blu-ray disc menu.  In
MythFrontend, you don't see these things unless you go looking for
them.  They're tucked away into the folder for the disc image.
Normally, you just play the folder and even if you do open the folder
and see all the pieces of the blu-ray structure you at least know what
disc image you opened.

Eric