[mythtv-users] Trouble building lirc from source to support IguanaWorks iguanaIR USB IR xcvr

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 20:06:17 UTC 2015

I don't have much call for building packages from source, so when it
doesn't just work per directions, I get stumped.  Because the lirc package
in the Ubuntu repositories isn't compiled with support for the iguanaIR
included, this has to be built from sources.  I think I had all the
necessary repos established by including the Ubuntu source repo and adding
the IguanaWorks repos for source and binary packages (confirmed they're
configured by checking in the active repository list in synaptic). Then I
ran these commands:

%sudo apt-get build-dep lirc
%sudo apt-get -b source lirc

The latter command produces _lots_ of output, which I saved in a log file,
in case more details are needed, but it seems the crux of the problem is
that it can't find a suitable iguanaIR library as shown by these messages
near the end of the log:

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/../../../../lib/libiguanaIR.so when
searching for -liguanaIR
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib/libiguanaIR.so when
searching for -liguanaIR
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.8/../../../libiguanaIR.so when searching
for -liguanaIR
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible //usr/lib/libiguanaIR.so when searching
for -liguanaIR
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -liguanaIR

I have no idea what to do, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Craig.