[mythtv-users] PSA: ECS Liva down to $99 at Newegg

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Tue Apr 28 20:42:03 UTC 2015

On 28/04/2015 21:02, Doug Lytle wrote:
>>> 2. Can flash videos be watched via Firefox or Chrome?
> I have a Liva at work that I'm going to be putting into place just for a AS/400 terminal. It's running Mint 17.1 and Cinnamon as a desktop.
>
> Using the current Firefox, I was able to play a YouTube video at 720P with no visible issues.
>
> Doug
I bit the bullet and paid the over-priced UK price tag. I'm glad I did.
It's a great machine! Runs HD content, via MyhtBuntu, perfectly at 1080p
and not had so much as a stutter since setting the video preferences in
Myth. Also using it to watch catchup TV via iPlayer and ITV player in
Firefox. Again, faultless playback.

Also running it through a projector (BenQ W1300) if that's at all
relevant to anyone who's considering one of the machines. I couldn't be
happier with it!

Damian