[mythtv-users] Can't get HD TV channels working

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Apr 28 15:42:46 UTC 2015

On 28/04/15 15:34, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi John,
>
> Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 4:21:07 PM, you wrote:
>
>> On 28/04/15 14:33, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>>> Hoi John,

>>> If you give output to:
>>> udevadm info --attribute-walk --name <your-device>
>>> I'll give you a setup for a rule.
>>>

>> That's a great offer, thanks. But I haven't found a name it likes.
>
>> Here's what dmesg finds:
>
>> saa7134 0000:07:04.0: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Philips
>> TDA10046H DVB-T)...
>> usb 2-2: DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (Kworld UB499-2T
>> T09(IT9137)_1)...
>> usb 2-2: DVB: registering adapter 2 frontend 0 (Kworld UB499-2T
>> T09(IT9137)_2)...
>

>> modprobe  saa7134_dvb
>> modprobe dvb-usb-af9035
>
>> John
>
> <your-device> should be the full path to your devicenodes in /dev
>
> Alternatively you can try:
> udevadm info --attribute-walk --path $(udevadm info --query path --name=<your-device>)

OK, so, in the first form, I have --name /dev/dvb/adapterN/frontend0
where N = 1 or 2 or 3, and each produces around a hundred lines of
output.  ISTR a long thread about this a few months ago, so I'll look at
that rather than dump it all here.   It's working at present - and The
biggest problem last time seemed to be initialising the USB device.

Thanks again.

John