[mythtv-users] Apache/MythWeb progress (Gentoo): access from LAN?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 18:33:49 UTC 2015

Hoi Gabe,

> On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 11:03 AM, James Miller <gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org>
> wrote:

>> On Mon, 27 Apr 2015, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>>
>>  Probably a very dumb question. In the first post her you wrote you
>>> tried: http://IP/mythweb. I assume you substituted IP with your
>>> backends ip number? Because if not, you get what you describe!
>>>

>> There's a lot I don't know about administering computers, but I'm fairly
>> conversant in basic network set-up and administration. So, yes, IP in my
>> example was a valid IP on my LAN--the one I've assigned to the MythTV
>> machine (linked its MAC address to a valid IP in the DHCP pool the router
>> gives out). I'm pretty certain all is in order on that front.
>>

> Can you try Nick's suggestion?  This sounds a lot like some firewall issue
> if you are having these issues with two different installations of
> different webservers, you can connect locally, and can't even get a test
> page remotely (but within the same network).
> # iptables -L -n

> will show any active iptables firewalling (try on both the client and
> the backend to see if packets are being dropped somewhere).

It's gentoo. So unless James has actively emerged and installed
iptables or an other firewall, there is none!

One other thing to try. Can you ping the ip-address you are using? The
long blank page suggests it cannot find the address on the network. So
also check other ip settings like router and dns on the machine you
were using to test connectivity.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven