[mythtv-users] Blue Flash while scrolling recordings

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 16:55:55 UTC 2015

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 7:03 PM, Michael Wisniewski <mikewiz38 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 10:40 AM, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 7:39 AM, Michael Wisniewski <mikewiz38 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> I have an odd problem and wondered if anybody else experiences this.
>>> When scrolling through the recorded show episodes, there's a blue flash for
>>> a second in the preview picture window and then the picture pops up.
>>>
>>> More weirdness is that when you hit send the "PgDown" command while
>>> browsing episodes, it will page down and then ask if you want to delete the
>>> selected episode.  I still have to figure this one out to see if the remote
>>> is sending more than one command and try it with the keyboard to see if
>>> it's me or myth.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advanced for any ideas!
>>>

>> What Paint Engine are you using?  If Qt, try OpenGL.
>>
>> What theme are you using?  I have not noticed that with Steppes.
>>
>> John

>> John,
>
> Thanks for the information.  I flipped it over to OpenGL and it worked
> great.  Is there a simple explanation on why it works better with OpenGL
> than with QT?
>
> Thanks!

Hi Michael,

First off, please follow mythtv list etiquette and don't top post.

There has been some talk about deprecating the Qt painter.  The OpenGL
painter works much better and has fewer quirks to work around.  If the Qt
painter is not going to be deprecated, then someone is going to have to
step-up and flush out its implementation.

John