[mythtv-users] Apache/MythWeb progress (Gentoo): access from LAN?

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Mon Apr 27 16:39:52 UTC 2015

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015, Karl Newman wrote:

> What's in your /etc/conf.d/apache2 file? For mythweb you need at least this:
> APACHE2_OPTS="-D DEFAULT_VHOST -D AUTH_DIGEST -D PHP5"
> You may not strictly need AUTH_DIGEST but if your machine might be visible
> from the internet it will be necessary to secure your mythweb directory
> (you have to take other steps to do this).

Thanks for your response, Karl. In /etc/conf.d/apache2 I have the line:

APACHE2_OPTS="-D DEFAULT_VHOST -D INFO -D SSL -D SSL_DEFAULT_VHOST -D
LANGUAGE -D PHP5"

So, pretty close to what you've listed, minus -D AUTH_DIGEST. I think the
only thing I added was -D PHP5, if memory serves. I do plan on forwarding
a port to MythWeb--if I can ever actually finally get this working. So it
sounds like I'll be needing to add AUTH_DIGEST and recompile.