[mythtv-users] Apache/MythWeb progress (Gentoo): access from LAN?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 23:05:50 UTC 2015

On 26 April 2015 at 21:55, James Miller <gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org> wrote:

> Given that I'm not entirely certain why this even started working from
> locahost, I'm not really sure what could be interfering with it working from
> other hosts on my LAN. Could be an Apache misconfiguration, or perhaps even
> an OS issue. Can anyone offer suggestions as to what to check in order to
> get MythWeb accessible outside localhost? Thanks.

Have you edited your MythWeb configuration file for apache (e.g.
/etc/apache2/conf-available/mythweb.conf)?

On a Debian system using packages from deb-multimedia.org without
apache authentication, the default installation includes the following
access controls:

    <Directory "/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb" >
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from localhost 127.0.0.1 ::1
        Satisfy any
    </Directory>

You need to add your local subnet as another "Allow from" entry to
grant access to machines on your local network.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott