[mythtv-users] Apache/MythWeb progress (Gentoo): access from LAN?

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Sun Apr 26 20:55:37 UTC 2015

This note will describe recent developments in my saga to get my
semi-operational MythTV installation fully operational. I gave up on
nginx/php and installed Apache and, after having initial results like
those I was seeing trying to get nginx/php to serve MythWeb, I began
editing some files (some Apache config files as well as webapp-config).
I'm a bit uncomfortable doing this since my understanding of how all this
works is quite sketchy. Nonetheless, after some further editing of those
files and fiddling with some ownership/group settings, I can now actually
view MythWeb and schedule recordings--but only from localhost. When I try
to browse to the MythTV FE/BE using http://IP/mythweb from another machine
on my LAN, the page just loads forever before timing out with a blank
page.

Given that I'm not entirely certain why this even started working from
locahost, I'm not really sure what could be interfering with it working
from other hosts on my LAN. Could be an Apache misconfiguration, or
perhaps even an OS issue. Can anyone offer suggestions as to what to check
in order to get MythWeb accessible outside localhost? Thanks.