[mythtv-users] Finding cause of segmentation fault

dennis deg at outlook.com
Fri Apr 24 21:01:58 UTC 2015

On 04/24/2015 03:17 PM, Stefan D wrote:
> I've had some problems with audio sync and stuttering tv playback the
> last few days so i thought i would try the latest master.
> But since i was running a pretty old Ubuntu i found it tedious to try
> to install Qt5, so i decided to upgrade my Ubuntu to 14.04 LTS, was
> running 12.04 LTS before.
>
> I know that i would get in some trouble to get everything running
> again, but this frontend segmentation fault was a surprise. Don't have
> a clue how to find the problem. I know it is master so maybe it is not
> in a working condition? (but it usually is) Or there is some other
> thing that got left out during the upgrade that makes the frontend crash.
>
> So how could i find out why i get a segmentation fault from the
> frontend? What debug level should i use so you guys would be able to
> help me?
>
> I do see in the backend log that the frontend connects.

I seen similar issues when I first started building the master branch,
seg fault in about the same spot.    My issue was related to having
multiple versions of libraries installed and I was picking up the wrong
libraries.  Do you still have the old libraries installed anywhere?

I did a build a on the 21st with a pull from master and its working fine
for me. You might try adding "--loglevel debug"  to see if it gives you
additional information.

Dennis