[mythtv-users] alt lightweight web servers for MythTV?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Fri Apr 24 20:44:45 UTC 2015

On Apr 24, 2015, at 2:53 PM, James Miller <gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org> wrote:

> But after recompiling MythTV with perl support enabled, I get, when I run "curl http://localhost <http://localhost/>," the same error I was getting before.

I didn’t reply in time but would have said, besides “go ahead and try it,” is to make sure you’re building the php bindings. Earlier in this thread I said mythweb doesn’t use them but it seems someone when through and changed that. You may already have them on, I assume php would complain if they’re missing, but who knows.

Still no ideas but if it was my machine I’d break out a debugger and narrow down what isn’t happening, the couple of tries with running mini scripts was in that spirit. On the other hand mythweb is being neglected to death and core things, like scheduling, are evolving and the php codebase isn’t keeping up. Switching to the internal one sounds like your best long-term plan. But, if you want to persist I forgot to mention that you can go back to the current version of php, downgrading was a dead end.

- George