[mythtv-users] Commercial Detection

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Mon Apr 20 16:05:44 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca>
wrote:

> On Fri, 2015-04-17 at 11:14 -0400, Tom Dexter wrote:
> >
> > Years ago it was almost
> > flawless,
> <snip>
> The evidence leading to my hypothesis (other than that look into the
> code a long time ago) is that commercial detection worked wonderfully
> when I was recording analog cable using PVR-150/250/500 cards,

For me, it was nearly flawless in mythtv version 0.24 with my PVR500 card.
I'm still using the PVR-500 but commercial detection got a lot worse when I
upgraded to 0.26 (I skipped 0.25 for some reason that's lost to my memory).
At some point (presumably after 0.24) there were some changes introduced in
the comm flagging code which seems to have brought bugs. Helen (faginbagin)
found and fixed a bunch of these and it has improved commercial detection
for me (in 0.27.4) when I incorporate those patches (still not as good as I
remember from 0.24 but almost). Here's the ticket with the patches:
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12308

Karl