[mythtv-users] Radio streaming in master 'Could not get playlist'

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Apr 20 11:53:32 UTC 2015

I haven't really tried listening to radio streams before, but recent
high winds have left my FM aerial looking as if I shall soon want an
alternative.

My build of a recent master/qt4 plays bbc_radio_three.pls and a randomly
chosen astrahits.m3u fine, but master/qt5 from ubuntu trusty ppa gives
'Decoder Handler Error - Could not get playlist' and 'DecoderHandler::
Timed out trying to download playlist from...

For the bbc stream I'm using the url quoted here for Radio 3 HD

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/help/howtolisten

... and I find I can cut-but-not-paste it.

Where should I start looking?

John P