[mythtv-users] MythVideo - IDX and SUB subtitles

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 11:34:26 UTC 2015

On 17 April 2015 at 12:19, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have some AVI videos with IDX and SUB subtitle files. Is it possible to
> play the AVI file and get it to display these subtitles in MythVideo?
>
> Yes, works for me, just select the subtitle in the menu when playing the
video.  Think they have to all have the same name so it can be picked up
however.

The only issue I have found is that the artwork lookup service picks up
subtitle files as well as the video file and downloads artwork for all
(possibly three) files.  This leaves you with a view on the frontend where
you can't tell which of the three files is the video to select and play.

Also, the media downloaded for the subtitle files doesn't seem to be
permanent, so when you do a re-scan, the frontend pops up for matches for
all of your subtitle files each time.

That's my experience anyway, so yes it works, but seems to clash with the
artwork downloader side of things.

Cheers

Martin