[mythtv-users] MythVideo - IDX and SUB subtitles

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Fri Apr 17 11:33:16 UTC 2015

On 17/04/2015 12:19, Phill Edwards wrote:
> I have some AVI videos with IDX and SUB subtitle files. Is it possible
> to play the AVI file and get it to display these subtitles in MythVideo?

Hi Phill,

I don't know about IDX files, but SUB's work fine. You just have to make
sure that the file name is that same as the video file (apart from the
extension). And then play the video. Bring up the OSD (I can't remember
whether it's with the M or the I key), and then find subtitles in the
menu's.

Sorry that's not very specific. I'm not at any of my myth machines now,
but it's probably enough to get you looking in the right place.

Cheers,
Damian