[mythtv-users] alt lightweight web servers for MythTV?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Apr 16 03:47:41 UTC 2015

On Apr 15, 2015, at 7:11 PM, James Miller <gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org> wrote:

> So, would changing /etc/nginx/nginx.conf's
>
> fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php-fpm.socket;
>
> line to
>
> fastcgi_pass unix:127.0.0.1:9000;
>
> work? Can't say I understand this whole sockets thing very well.

Yes, you don’t need the unix: part for network passthrough so it’s just “fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;”. I think the deal is sockets are faster and can be protected through filesystem permissions while 127.0.0.1:9000 is simpler to setup being just numbers. You’d need like thousands of request per second before socket performance pulls away so they’re identical for your purposes.

> The poster mentions creating his own socket/file: is that how this is to be handled under Gentoo? Did you undertake such a process on your Debian system, George? Thanks

No, the listening server should create the socket. Maybe 60% down on that page the guy realizes he’s been editing the config files for php5.4-fpm but running php5.3. After clearing that up the server creates the socket as expected.

- George