[mythtv-users] alt lightweight web servers for MythTV?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Wed Apr 15 21:00:29 UTC 2015

On Apr 15, 2015, at 2:31 PM, James Miller <gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org> wrote:

> Ok. I discovered I can downgrade to 5.4.39, which I've done. Now, when I do either "curl http://localhost" or "curl http://localhost/test.php" I get "Bad Gateway" html code, as follows:

Bad gateway comes from nginx, it means it’s trying to forward php files to where you told it to but nothing is listening there.

> I don't find any lines in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf containing either auth_basic or auth_basic_user. Is there some other config file I should be looking in? Or is this an indication things are already configured to function without credentials?

You’re configured to function without credentials so good. You can erase mythtv.passwd if you wish but it doesn’t matter much.

> When I take a look at the nginx error log, I see the following line:
>
> [crit] 29899#0: *3 connect() to unix:/run/php-fpm.socket failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: localhost, request: "GET /test.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php-fpm.socket: <fastcgi://unix/run/php-fpm.socket:>", host: "localhost"
>
> So, some kind of php-fpm socket failure (whatever that means). I'll have to do some more sleuthing to try and better understand.

You can use "ps aux | grep fpm" to make sure there are fpm processes and that’s not your problem. After that I’d find out where they’re listening. On Debian there’s a /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d directory with files for each kind of listener - you can have different php processes for different applications. On Gentoo there’s probably an fpm directory somewhere under /etc with .conf files and one of them has a "listen =“ directive telling php-fpm where to accept connections. nginx thinks it’s /run/php-fpm.socket but fpm either isn’t running or is listening somewhere else. fpm’s listen and nginx’s fastcgi_pass have to match up, it’s probably best to change nginx to match whatever fpm wants to use but I doubt it makes a huge difference.

People knowledgeable in Gentoo would probably have details on where it keeps those fpm configs.

- George