[mythtv-users] MythTV Player 1.1.5 available to all on Google Play Store

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 17:04:45 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 12:51 PM John W. Burroughs <
john.w.burroughs at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I have been trying out MythTV Player on my Nexus 7 since  the
> announcement came out. It seems to be running very well now and is quite
> usable. Great Work!
>
> However, when I browse Videos, I have noticed that the listing does not
> respect the Parental (or Age) Level that has been set. This results in
> all stored videos being visible even if they are not appropriate to the
> possible audience. This feature does not seem to apply to Recordings.
>
> Is there any plan to ensure the Parental Level is respected and the PIN
> requested to unlock the restricted videos?
>
> Thanks
>
> John
> --

John,
This is a great request.  I will add it to the github issues list.  I need
to verify that the Video service in the API is returning that information.
If so, it should be easy to add.  How would you like to mange which
parental control is honored?  I can add something to the settings.  I will
have to think about adding some kind of password to that section so the
little ones can't modify it.

Videos is the next major section I plan to rewrite.  I am hoping to take
advantage of the Category information for a better presentation as well as
enhance the searching with this data.  Currently, it just retrieves the
data on entry to that screen.  This will soon be synced up to a local db
like the recordings are.

Dan