[mythtv-users] alt lightweight web servers for MythTV?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Wed Apr 15 16:17:13 UTC 2015

On Apr 15, 2015, at 9:35 AM, James Miller <gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org> wrote:

I was going to start by saying “you don’t have the php mysql pdo bindings & library installed” and tell how to do that but it looks like mythweb uses the old mysql bindings so you have to make things work with them. However, according to https://wiki.php.net/rfc/mysql_deprecation they’re deprecated in php 5.5. At the bottom of that page it explains how you can suppress deprecation warnings by putting "error_reporting = E_ALL ^ E_DEPRECATED” into php.ini. It’s hacky and all-encompasing but will work.

I’m curious what other gentoo users do. My debian stable setup uses php 5.4 so I’m safe until jessie arrives. You could try downgrading php to 5.4 instead of that error_reporting thing above.

> Ok. This is a non-public installation. So that mythweb.passwd file should just have its content deleted, or is the file simply left out altogether?

I think you should comment out the nginx.conf lines mentioning auth_basic and auth_basic_user_file otherwise nginx thinks you want passwords but forgot to supply any.

>>   fastcgi_param   db_server localhost;
>
> That content matches what I see in the file mythweb.include on my target machine--a file I find in /var/www/locahost but one I decided to copy to /etc/nginx as well. Next to "fastcgi_pass" in that file I have "127.0.0.1:9000;" (that content was not put there by me, so it must be some kind of default value). I also see a "fastcgi_param hostname" line in that file that probably needs editing so that it matches the hostname this machine gets on my LAN, correct?

I would leave the fastcgi_param hostname as it is, the fact that php-fpm is receiving code and attempting to execute it means your config is good.

Your problem is talking to mysql which at first seemed to be due to credentials or permissions but now looks like the geriatric mythweb code. I’m confused why mythweb didn’t die with a deprecated function error but in any case whatever is wrong is between php and mysql. That connect / select snippet was an attempt to isolate the failing line but was inconclusive. If you downgrade and still can’t connect I’d try that original php test thing again.

> Thanks for your continued help with these issues. It's much appreciated.

Glad it’s received as help, sometimes I wonder if I’m sending you on a wild goose chase but so far it seems mostly on point.

- George