[mythtv-users] MythTV Player 1.1.5 available to all on Google Play Store

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Apr 14 17:32:11 UTC 2015

> On Apr 14, 2015, at 10:34 AM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I dislike using it is that it automatically places the files
> in the directory structure of the user that runs the backend. Most
> likely:
>
>     ~mythtv/.mythtv/tmp/hls/
>
> That's fine if you've got lots of space,

There's always the option of making that last /hls/ into a soft link to a directory on one of your storage drives. That would work but creating a real storage group is the right way.

> but we've heard of folks that
> created a lot of live streams and filled up their filesystem, which could
> even have been on their / filesystem. There is no auto expire system
> built in to trim this down.

I think Chris Pinkham intended that as a second round enhancement but seems to have drifted off. Maybe mentioning his name will summon the presence.

- George