[mythtv-users] MythTV Player 1.1.5 available to all on Google Play Store

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 14:34:16 UTC 2015

On 04/14/2015 08:12 AM, Phill Edwards wrote:
> So how do you create a storage group called "Streaming"?

Just to be clear, there is already a built-in Streaming Storage Group.
The reason I dislike using it is that it automatically places the files
in the directory structure of the user that runs the backend. Most
likely:

      ~mythtv/.mythtv/tmp/hls/

That's fine if you've got lots of space, but we've heard of folks that
created a lot of live streams and filled up their filesystem, which could
even have been on their / filesystem. There is no auto expire system
built in to trim this down. You can delete/autoexpire recordings and
the live streams will remain.

Going into mythtv-setup and editing the Storage Directories is the
solution and look at the bottom of the list for (Create new group).
Call it Streaming and enter whatever path you like, but I think it
should be treated more like a directory where recordings go, rather
than a temporary one.

HTH

--
Bill