[mythtv-users] MythTV Player 1.1.5 available to all on Google Play Store

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Tue Apr 14 02:16:18 UTC 2015

> On 13 Apr 2015, at 1:56 am, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
>> I tried mythTV player a while ago and it was really crap that did not work. Has anybody got a more recent ?this is great??
>
> Whatever you tried a while ago was not the "MythTV Player" app, which
> is new as of a few days ago.  MythTV Player is in development at the
> moment, so why not give it a go and send in problem reports so
> anything affecting you can be fixed.  Then you may get the "this is
> great" experience you (and I) want.

I did get the iPad mythtv app Robert did. That too was crap and is no longer in the iTunes store.
The MythTV player is nice in terms of the setup server, present recordings list, videos list.
I was born BeforeJets (1st was Comet cica 1952) so am not qualified to use the app but HOW DO YOU PLAY A RECORDING? I can see the preview, I can make a long blue line happen for ever, I can use an external player, VLC, and watch the recording.
VLC did it’s usual crash. Checking it was version 0.9.something. I ditched it and got the latest 1.2.6 which now gives me a black screen (ie external player no longer works), but the new VLC does play local content.

So far not ‘this is something great’, great potential yes.
James