[mythtv-users] New Upnp Channel Changer Script (Dish VIP 211 users definitely read)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 13 18:28:08 UTC 2015

On 04/13/2015 02:22 PM, Jon Heizer wrote:
>> On 02/23/2015 07:03 PM, Jon Heizer wrote:
>>
>>> The one Negative: our VIP 211 receivers are smart enough to use the same
>>> guide number for both HD when available and SD when not.  Sadly, the upnp
>>> interface is not and it displays the SD feed.  You must update your channel
>>> data to use the super high number channels.  A bit of a pain I'll admit,
>>> but I can't imagine going back now.
> It is
> still a bit weird having all these 9000 channels, but mostly because they
> are in a different order than they were before.  Besides that no complaints
> here.

Just wondering if you realize you can use the
"normal"/low/tunes-SDTV-with-the-UPnP-script channel numbers in MythTV.
All you need to do is set the frequency ID of that channel to the
appropriate 9000 number.  Channel numbers are user-editable,
for-display-and-quick-tune-in-Live-TV-only data.  They are not used for
tuning channels, the frequency ID is.

Mike