[mythtv-users] alt lightweight web servers for MythTV?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 17:45:09 UTC 2015

Hoi Karl,

> On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 8:58 AM, James Miller <gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org>
> wrote:

>> On Sun, 12 Apr 2015, George Nassas wrote:
>>
>>  Sorry to disappear, got busy for a bit. If you’re still stuck:
>>>

>> Thanks for following up on this, George. Yeah, I'm still stuck. Here's a
>> bit of additional background since my last post. Someone mentioned that,
>> since this is a Gentoo install, I need to be using webapp-config to set up
>> nginx. So I began looking into that. It took a fair amount of research and
>> experimentation before I was able to actually use webapp-config, but I
>> think I've finally managed to install nginx that way. In an unrelated
>> glitch, I had to diagnose a hardware issue that I think I've resolved by
>> replacing a flaky USB hub. So far as getting nginx to serve MythWeb, I'm
>> still stuck at the same point though.
>>

> webapp-config is used to set up mythweb, not nginx... It's run
> automatically by the mythweb ebuild; you shouldn't normally have to mess
> with it manually unless you have a complex setup with virtual hosts, etc.

> Karl

One small addition. It depends on wether you have the vhost flag set.
If you have it set, no automatic installation/configuration is done
and you have to do it yourself using webapp-config. If it's not set it
will get automatically  installed/configured in
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven