[mythtv-users] combined BE/FE/MythWelcome shutdown

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Sun Apr 12 15:33:35 UTC 2015

On 12/04/15 02:01, Scott Bickford wrote:
> Somehow, when I am finished watching/fussing with MythTV when I go to
> exit the frontend, after saying yes I am sure I want to exit back to
> MythWelcome, the frontend starts back up again (seems to be a sticky key
> problem).  Most of the time I have turned off the tv and don't see that
> the FE has actually restarted again.
>
> Secondly, my wife sometimes forgets  (or never even uses it) to exit the
> FE, so it stays on potentially forever in this situation.
>
> I was thinking of a shell script to look at the FE activity in the it's
> log, but it appears that there's some non human activity in it like:
>
> 2015-04-11 20:47:15.926944 I  Bonjour: Service registration complete:
> name 'Mythfrontend on localhost.localdomain' type '_mythfrontend._tcp.'
> domain: 'local.'
>
> Any other ideas?

Why do you think you need to exit the frontend? If it's so that the BE
can shutdown, there is a standby mode in the FE settings which achieves
the same.

Setup - General - Shutdown/Reboot Settings - Idle time before entering
the standby mode (minutes):

As for the restarted FE. I guess you're using Mythbuntu, where the
frontend starts from a wrapper script, which automatically restarts the
FE when exited/killed.

HTH
Thomas