[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase Not Working?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 05:01:47 UTC 2015

On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 4:18 AM, Jay Foster <jayf0ster at roadrunner.com> wrote:
> The grabber window was set to 2 - 5.  I think this was the default when it
> was originally configured, as I don't remember ever changing this.  I
> changed it to 0 -23.  Hope that that helps.

It should, although note that changes to some config values
take some time to take effect if you do not restart the BE
I (almost always) restart the BE, just to be sure.

With a window of 2-5, that means that your ~10am suggested
next run would have been deferred until the next 2am.  So if
you had waited long enough it should have (eventually) run...
I have been told patience is a virtue.  It is a virtue I do not
have.

There are reasons to defer the download to "off hours", but
typically with today's systems capabilities, many of those
reasons no longer exist (although if your DB and recording
directory and OS (and your Hadoop cluster) is all hitting the
same spinning spindle, you might experience some overload).
It should be noted that some MariaDB tuning might help to
minimize the impact of the DB loads during/after a mythfilldatabase
run (but typically if you have followed the advice on the wiki,
you are already there).