[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase Not Working?

Stephen Baker stephen at wildwood.baker.org
Sat Apr 11 04:29:59 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-04-10 at 14:41 -0700, Jay Foster wrote:

> On 4/10/2015 2:29 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 9:14 PM, Jay Foster <jayf0ster at roadrunner.com> wrote:
> >> The backend was up (up 24/7), but nothing happened.  17:55:14Z would be
> >> 10:55:14 PDT.
> > Have you configured something other than a windows of 0 - 23
> > for your grabber?  It would be shown on the mythtv-setup screen
> > where you configure your grabber.
> I have no idea.  This system was configured >6 years ago.  Can I tell
> from mythweb?  I do remember configuring the backend to not run jobs
> (commflag) between certain prime time hours, but I don't remember
> anything about grabber times.

I have noticed some irregularities, too.  In recent days there has been
as many as 41 hours between successive runs, using the time recommended
by SD.  I wouldn't mind this except that there are changes that occur
between first the grab (T+13d) and the refresh (T+1d).  If there are
more than 24 hours between successive runs, I will miss updates, which
has happened.  As a result, I have missed recordings and double
recorded.  To address the longer delay between successive runs I have
added '--refresh 1-2' to the automated run command string.  I'll see how
successful this is next week.  I have looked ahead to Monday to see that
a regularly scheduled showing is missing.  This showing is normally
added by the T+1d refresh.  As a side note, Apr 3 was the first day that
the automated run did not occur at midnight localtime.

Steve