[mythtv-users] analog and HDMI audio output

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 04:28:13 UTC 2015

Hoi Daryl,

Saturday, April 11, 2015, 5:41:18 AM, you wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 10:30 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> Hoi Daryl,
>>
>> Saturday, April 11, 2015, 4:20:30 AM, you wrote:
>>
>> > Hoi Hika,

>> keyboards.
>> tablets, but
>> you
>> should be
>> realize
>> that is
>> they can
>> same

>> need an
>> bluetooth

>> with
>> you
>> you

>> any

>> top
>> TV when
>> system can
>> radio
>> keyboard
>> sound
>> but

>> my
>> I can

>> > I did some further reading and I made a wrong assumption based on what
>> > I know about wifi. bluetooth doesn't stay on one channel but hops over
>> > the 79 channels at 1600 hops per second. The higher protocol versions
>> > thereby prefer the channels with less interference. So normally
>> > interference shouldn't be a problem. And as far as I can find the same
>> > goes for the RF dongles. So one dongle in stead of two should be
>> > better. Also I found that Bluetooth in general suffers more from
>> > interference then the RF based mice and keyboards. Third I found that
>> > a close by USB-3 cable often gives interference on Bluetooth. So if
>> > your mouse/keyboard dongle was in a usb-3 port?? It could be it wasn't
>> > the dongle but the usb.
>>
>> I was thinking. What happens to interference if you connect your
>> bleutooth dongle through a cable, placing it about 1,5 m away from the
>> computer and the RF dongle?
>>
>> Tot mails,
>>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>>

> Hoi Hika, you genius never ceases to amaze me! With a 15m usb extension I
> have found clear sound away from the clutter of the tower etal. Thank-you.
> Now I just need to figure how to configure my asoundrc directory, but that
> should be a new thread, I think.  Many thanks to all, this list rules!
> Daryl

Great! Always happy to be of service.
It's just that I'm good at associative analytical thinking, seeing
links and connection others sometimes miss. Plus I'm almost 100%
autodidactic without a mold pressed on by a teacher, preventing a lot
of others from looking outside the common ways. And I hate not
understanding. Problems only exist to get solved!

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop