[mythtv-users] analog and HDMI audio output

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 02:20:30 UTC 2015

Hoi Hika,

Saturday, April 11, 2015, 1:57:37 AM, you wrote:

> <CAMwtTBDw+hZemLfsRQEGLHS3-YqY1Q9An4Na2+AKtaWsZqN=bQ at mail.gmail.com>
> <569767053.20150403212056 at gmail.com>
> <CAMwtTBDAgG+DzsSpLg3tfBPXUdcbiytda73sR2euESbCwwNXyA at mail.gmail.com>
> <3373175.20150403215213 at gmail.com>
> <CAMwtTBBZuqKTsqL3DkKd4hkMjOrhg68aqBO9L-NGz+r2kQJa2g at mail.gmail.com>
> <CC3B5FA7-5D37-4B7E-9E55-2DC4892FDBE2 at thehobsons.co.uk>
> <CAMwtTBDGWr5SmK9SkF-BSSBCQ6wBimq+0Ydvqbaj19hBHMhn7w at mail.gmail.com>
> <CAL9G6WWs6xEa=kCvs4OiuxUafQjSZMS5oGK38GDr5GxNupGFVw at mail.gmail.com>
> <CAMwtTBDHSuZmCJBTKGkA2hM27cpZFbvU2iV7E-1oovknO6q3fA at mail.gmail.com>
> <857631070.20150410170431 at gmail.com>
> <40DDD437-06C8-4591-8944-A7968B5BA136 at thehobsons.co.uk>
> <CAMwtTBCyowXuMM-9SUdCTK4txjdBbmqGLOOZ3TbFLqqcGRVv=w at mail.gmail.com>
> <CAMwtTBBs40JAGtNQ6S8vGRyXsFroBWXgAp9vg73Zk9S9X_OaHA at mail.gmail.com>
> <CA+GUGJ1UNaWQ104o1Xgp9i2VyTvfNyF4c_5L7fB1i4x_SLQWgA at mail.gmail.com>
> <552846D9.7020304 at gmail.com>
> <CAMwtTBDixjcFXxncqMK83whePKk66HmnJATGE7MzJwAR
>  Sg=p3Q at mail.gmail.com> <1995061668.20150411013341 at gmail.com>
> <CAMwtTBBTqdv5ROeOS51dNTDCkhAW-R+ueZ3HEqXbfyzR5Wj34A at mail.gmail.com>

> Hoi Daryl,

> Saturday, April 11, 2015, 1:50:10 AM, you wrote:

>> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 7:33 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Hoi Daryl,

>>> hikavdh at gmail.com>
>>> can
>>> darylangela at gmail.com>
>>> be

>>> front
>>> keyboard
>>> speaker,
>>> and
>>>
>>> If you read wikipedia, it has 79 channels, so every device will use
>>> it's own. It is very possible that any of the channels gets
>>> interference from other gadgets in the 2.4 GHz band, but knowing Linux
>>> you very probable can move your gadgets to another of the 79 channels.
>>> I know that in the beter wifi routers you can select the channel to
>>> use, based on an interference diagram it gives you.
>>> So if you experience interference, I'm almost certain it wil be
>>> solvable.
>>> Also since audio is one of the early uses of Bleutooth, I assume it's
>>> well developed to prevent and solve interference.
>>> Maybe you can already solve your problem by moving the speaker to
>>> another channel?
>>>

>> Hoi Hika, does it make a difference that none of this is going through my
>> router or modem? I'm running a combined FE/BE and have inserted dongles
>> into the towers usb ports for either radio frequency or bluetooth. If I can
>> get RF and BT to play nice with each other I'm all in.

> No, that's a different thing. It only shares with wifi, that it's
> radio waves, so the principle of selecting a channel within the
> frequency band. I only on occasion use bluetooth to synchronize my
> phone, so I'm not really up to speed in the details. I'm checking now
> [...]

I did some further reading and I made a wrong assumption based on what
I know about wifi. bluetooth doesn't stay on one channel but hops over
the 79 channels at 1600 hops per second. The higher protocol versions
thereby prefer the channels with less interference. So normally
interference shouldn't be a problem. And as far as I can find the same
goes for the RF dongles. So one dongle in stead of two should be
better. Also I found that Bluetooth in general suffers more from
interference then the RF based mice and keyboards. Third I found that
a close by USB-3 cable often gives interference on Bluetooth. So if
your mouse/keyboard dongle was in a usb-3 port?? It could be it wasn't
the dongle but the usb.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven