[mythtv-users] What triggers a refresh when using video "Browse Filesystem" mode?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 22:04:25 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 5:40 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi Tom,
>
> Thursday, April 9, 2015, 11:01:34 PM, you wrote:
>

>> Ahh...I think that may answer the question.  It may have just depended
>> on how quickly I got back in there.
>
>> As far as Hika's reply, I'm actually not even familiar with the
>> concept of adding directories to a "video group", but I don't think
>> that applies in Browse Filesystem mode(??).
>
>> Thanks!
>> Tom
>
> In mythtv-setup on your backend you have the storagegroups. One of
> them is named 'Video' any directory including its subdirectories are
> automatically seen by the Videoroutine. Here you can also add
> storagegroups for recording and add multiple directories to existing
> groups.
>

> Tot mails,
>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

Actually I don't think that's the case if you've never used storage
groups for videos, which I never have.  All I have is one storage
group named Default, and all that belongs to that is my recordings
directory.

In any case, Jim was 100% correct regarding the refresh in Browse
Filesystem mode.  I apparently was just going back in too quickly.  If
you exit the Watch Videos screen for three seconds or more it re-reads
the directories.  That one had me going for ages.

Thanks!
Tom