[mythtv-users] analog and HDMI audio output

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 16:43:52 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 12:27 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Apr 10, 2015 11:46 AM, "Simon Hobson" <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I only know that the present logitec dongles ( I don't think they are
> > > bleutooth) do support a mouse/keyboard combination.
> >
> > Correct, they aren't bluetooth - they use a proprietary protocol
> optimised for low power, low latency, one way communications required by
> keyboards and mice. Each dongle does support more than one device - I have
> one on my desk doing mouse and keyboard.
> >
> > But, it uses the same unlicenced 2.4GHz band that's used by wifi
> (802.11b/g/n) and bluetooth. So yes it's completely possible that bluetooth
> audio may have dropouts in the presence of a bluetooth or logitech or other
> proprietary keyboard/mouse, or wifi.

> OK what I'm hearing is that a blue tooth keyboard/mouse may interfere with
> a Bluetooth speaker, similar to the RF keyboard/mouse I'm using now? So
> must I then go with an IR remote in order to get decent sound from the
> Bluetooth speaker? And still control mythtv from the couch.

What I'm considering is a  keyboard with a built-in trackpad, that is
bluetooth, so back to the original question, it sounds like they can be
configured simultaneously, so what I'd like clarification for is
simultaneous use without interference? One would think that the same
protocol would allow for such.