[mythtv-users] analog and HDMI audio output

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 16:24:14 UTC 2015

Hoi Simon,

> Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I only know that the present logitec dongles ( I don't think they are
>> bleutooth) do support a mouse/keyboard combination.

> Correct, they aren't bluetooth - they use a proprietary protocol
> optimised for low power, low latency, one way communications
> required by keyboards and mice. Each dongle does support more than
> one device - I have one on my desk doing mouse and keyboard.

> But, it uses the same unlicenced 2.4GHz band that's used by wifi
> (802.11b/g/n) and bluetooth. So yes it's completely possible that
> bluetooth audio may have dropouts in the presence of a bluetooth or
> logitech or other proprietary keyboard/mouse, or wifi.

Interesting!
I suddenly seem to remember there do exist true bluetooth keyboards. I
don't know about mice. They are used in combination with tablets, but
I guess they are more expensive. Within the bluetooth protocol you can
connect several peripherals, so if you can find them, you should be
able to connect all three trough the one dongle. I also now realize
that that was the intention of your question ;)
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven