[mythtv-users] analog and HDMI audio output

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Apr 10 15:40:52 UTC 2015

Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

> I only know that the present logitec dongles ( I don't think they are
> bleutooth) do support a mouse/keyboard combination.

Correct, they aren't bluetooth - they use a proprietary protocol optimised for low power, low latency, one way communications required by keyboards and mice. Each dongle does support more than one device - I have one on my desk doing mouse and keyboard.

But, it uses the same unlicenced 2.4GHz band that's used by wifi (802.11b/g/n) and bluetooth. So yes it's completely possible that bluetooth audio may have dropouts in the presence of a bluetooth or logitech or other proprietary keyboard/mouse, or wifi.