[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.27.4: Trouble-free LiveTV with ivtv?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 14:03:58 UTC 2015

Hoi Nick,

> On 10 April 2015 at 13:56, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Starting LiveTV (defaulting to ivtv-based input) results in about 0.5s
>> of audio, a frozen picture on the screen, and then silence. The
>> recording file is still being written to. If I pause the playback for
>> 2-3s and then resume, playback corrects and LiveTV proceeds normally
>> until the next programme transition.

> Forgot to add:

> As it's the weekend tomorrow I'll try and hook up a remote frontend to
> this backend and see if the issue persists.

> If anyone else sees the same behaviour in LiveTV with an ivtv-based
> card I'd love to hear from you.

> Cheers,
> Nick

As said at the time my problem was no sound as you describe. I at the
time didn't test with pausing etc. I just bought the pvr500 secondhand
and noticed no sound, so I sought and found this patch. As I have
understood it reverts a change made for newer supported ivtv devices.
And as you say you upgraded your kernel and it is very well possible
this thing was introduced after your previous kernel. The bussing in
the audio as Karl also mentioned is a different thing.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop