[mythtv-users] Size of firewire recordings

Ryan Lavender ryanlavender at comcast.net
Thu Apr 9 19:44:55 UTC 2015

I had to adapt an old patch in order to add the PMT/PAT packets to the
stream to get my RNG-110 cablebox to work. See
https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=702.

I wonder if it is something to do with that. However when I check the stream
using the tsinfo tool, there is not an overabundance of PAT/PMT packets.
(There was before I tweaked the patch a little in order to generate fewer
packets.)

I would really rather get this working than go with a Cablecard, partly
because trading our working cablebox out for MythTV would not go over very
well in the family. And I like the challenge of problem solving.