[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.27.4: Trouble-free LiveTV with ivtv?

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Thu Apr 9 16:50:47 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 7:51 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi Nick,
>
> Thursday, April 9, 2015, 2:30:37 PM, you wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering if there are any users running the current stable
> > release of MythTV (0.27.4) with ivtv-based hardware capture card(s)
> > (i.e. PVR-150/250/500) who do *not* have any problems with LiveTV
> > playback?
>
> > If you are one of the lucky ones, please could you provide details of
> > your distribution, kernel version, and any patches you have needed to
> > apply.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Nick
>
> I don't know what troubles you're revering to. The only problem I have
> with my two PVR500 cards is the seek tables. They are incorrect on
> recording and I have to rebuild them, which I cannot do on liveTV.
> I use the latest Gentoo ebuild with kernel 3.12.13 I have to upgrade
> sometime in the near future. I use a patch for sound issues on the
> PVR500 The one 350 I have works OK.

Hika,

What are the symptoms of your seek table issues with your PVR500? I haven't
noticed any problems with seek tables with my PVR500. Maybe it's a PAL/NTSC
thing? Also, what patch are you using for the sound issues? I am using a
command that runs after a channel change (can't access my system right now
but I think it's ivtvctl or maybe v4lctl or something like that) which
re-assigns the audio to avoid the "buzzing". It's completely solved the
problem but it does add some delay to channel change. If there's a driver
fix I'd like to explore that. Oh, and I'm also on kernel 3.12 currently
because I had screen freezes on intel with kernel versions >=~3.16. It's
apparently fixed in 3.19 so when that goes stable I'll move to that.

Thanks,

Karl