[mythtv-users] UPnP / DLNA issues

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 11:09:41 UTC 2015

I don't know whether this is UPnP or DLNA (are they the same thing or
different?), but I'm having a lot of issues with DLNA clients and what they
receive from MythTV.

I have some videos in my Videos storage group. When I access videos on
remote frontends they display correctly and no problems. But if I use a
DLNA client on an Android device to view the videos, I get the same video
presented multiple times (see screenshot at http://ibin.co/1xjJ3pydmJxZ)

I know that the files don't exist multiple times because they display one
per file in remote MythTV frontends.

This UPnP stuff seems like black magic to me and I don't know where to
start to try to resolve this. Can anyone offer any advice?

Regards,
Phill