[mythtv-users] Open Source Linux driver for Hauppauge HD PVR 2 (1080p over HDMI) released!

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Apr 9 07:20:00 UTC 2015

> Hi,
>
> Hauppauge has released an open source Linux driver for its HD PVR 2 model
> 1512, capable of capturing a 1080p video stream over HDMI.
>
> ftp://ftp.hauppauge.com/Support/Test/Lin/hauppauge_driver_src_ver5.tgz

It looks like this driver is no longer there, and I didn't find it
elsewhere on their FTP site.  I was hoping this meant that they had a
release version of it, but I suspect they simply got annoyed with customer
questions and removed it. I'm hopeful they get something out soon for it,
as I really want to ditch cable for fiber but don't want to buy the older
HD PVR models at a premium.