[mythtv-users] MythTV Player 1.1.2 available to all on Google Play Store

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 14:08:44 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 10:08 PM Daniel Frey <dmfrey at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 9:51 PM George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Apr 7, 2015, at 8:05 PM, Daniel Frey <dmfrey at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> This release will also run on an AndroidTV device, such as the Nexus
>> Player.
>>

>> Have you tried running in Chrome? I read that Chrome now runs android
>> binaries but I haven’t tried it yet.
>>
>> - George
>

> George,
> Not yet.  It is called Arc Welder. I am planning on trying it out.  If
> that works, could grab one of those ChromeBits just announced and throw
> this app on it and have a cheap frontend solution.

George,
I ran the 1.1.3 beta in the ArcWelder locally and it mostly just works,
once you get connected.  I set it up in portrait view with the tablet
layout.

Some things i noticed...
1. The toast message that pops up indicating you are not connected
(initially this shows since there is no ip address) never seems to go away.
2. It will load all the data, but, for some reason, it doesn't load the
state of the HLS transcoded episodes (Each one says Ready to Stream once
they have been HLS Transcoded)
3. I can't seem to find a logcat for the app in chrome, so I can't verify
what is actually failing when running the app in chrome.

I think this is great step in the right direction, however.  Eventually,
you will be able to launch the app on whatever screen you happen to be on.

Dan