[mythtv-users] alt lightweight web servers for MythTV?⎈

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Wed Apr 8 04:06:51 UTC 2015

The next step I need to undertake is getting Mythweb running under my new
Gentoo/MythTV system. Having previously used pre-packaged MythTV distros I
did not previously have a choice about what web server would be serving up
Mythweb. But under Gentoo, I do face such a choice.

I'd like to go with the lightest-weight, least resource-intensive web
server possible since this system is a bit underpowered. I've heard there
are web servers that do not require such hefty resources as Apache does,
so I'm hoping I might use one of these instead.

I've heard of Lighttpd, for example, and even found a dated web page
describing how to set it up to serve Mythweb under Gentoo
(http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/HOWTO_Setup_MythWeb_with_Lighttpd). I'm not
sure to what degree I can depend on those almost-7-year-old directions,
but they may yet work. Can anyone comment on using Lighthtpd to serve up
Mythweb in place of Apache? Any assessments on the adequacy of the
directions to which I've linked? And, finally, what are some other
lightweight web servers I might consider? Or would you recommend just
sticking with Apache?

Input will be appreciated. Thanks.